Call for applications: RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship 2021
The call for the 2021 RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship is open. The RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship offers one travelling scholarship of £7,000 to an architecture student to support international research on a topic and at locations of his/her choice.
Both international and national research proposals should relate to the sustainable survival of our cities and towns and fall under one of the following themes:
- Learning from the past to inform the future
- The future of society
- Density of settlements
- Use of resources
- Quality of urban life
As an invited school, the Politecnico di Milano School of Architecture, Urban Planning and Construction Engineering (AUIC) can select one candidate among its students and can submit one application only for the scholarship.
The AUIC School invites its students who are enrolled in one of the following courses, and have successfully completed at least the first year to submit their application for this selection process:
- Architectural Design
- Building and Construction Engineering
- Urban Planning: Cities, Environment & Landscapes
- Architectural Design and History
- Architecture - Building Architecture
- Architecture - Built Environment Interiors
- Architecture and Urban Design
- Building and Architectural Engineering
- Building Engineering
- Building Engineering/Architecture
- Landscape Architecture. Land Landscape Heritage
- Management of Built Environment
- Sustainable Architecture and Landscape Design
- Urban Planning and Policy Design
The submission for selecting the Politecnico di Milano candidate consists of:
- one completed application form signed by the student (“RIBA-Norman-Foster-Scholarship-2021-Application-Form-FINAL”, Word file) - attached below
- one A1 ‘poster’ presented as a pdf file detailing the proposal (topic, objective, locations). Applicants are restricted to 500 words on the poster submission (please reduce the size to 10 Mb max, PDF file)
- AUIC student information sheet (“2021 RNFTS ● AUIC student information sheet”, Word file) - attached below
Students must send an email including the submission materials (as a ZIP attachment with a file name “NAME-SURNAME-2021 RNFTS”) to the following email address: email@example.com
The deadline for the application is MAY 9, 2021 at 23:59 (Italy local time).
Please see further details: https://www.architecture.com/education-cpd-and-careers/studying-architecture/advice-on-funding-your-architectural-studies/funding-opportunities-for-students-of-architecture/riba-norman-foster-travelling-scholarship
The applications of Politecnico di Milano students will be assessed by a panel of professors.
The successful AUIC School - Politecnico di Milano applicant will be contacted via email for completing the application process (Head of our School’s signature on the application form) and finalizing the submission materials (e.g. high-resolution A1 poster) to be sent to the RIBA. The latter will compose a jury for selecting the winner of the scholarship.
Info sulla Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship: